Haggling, or bartering as it is also known, is an ancient skill that many of us Brits have lost in recent years. Most of us are too shy, too strapped for time, or can't be bothered. But the ability to haggle is a real asset, which is likely to help you get a really good deal....exactly what you need in today's tough times.
At pretaportobello we understand the importance of giving customers a good deal, so we offer you the chance to Haggle on selected items across the site.
Scared? Don't be. Haggling is EASY, and surely it's worth the extra time if it can save you money?!
Simply enter the price you are willing to pay and click HAGGLE. Then wait for the response from our Market Trader to see what she thinks of your offer.
If you’re too low, she’ll tell you!
What have you got to lose…if you Haggle, you’ll always get a better price! But remember, the better your offers, the better the deal. The lower your offers, the worse the deal you end up with!
- Be realistic. Look at what the Buy It Now price is (price in pink). If you Haggle, you’ll get a better price, but how good will depend on what offers your make.
- Respect the trader and don’t make stupidly low offers. If you continue to enter low bids, you will upset our trader so the discount you end up with will be lower.
- Make fewer, good offers and you’ll end up with a better discount.
- If you really want something, and stock is low – you might want to use the Buy It Now price rather than haggle.
- REMEMBER: The item is NOT yours until it’s actually been paid for.
What are you waiting for?! Start Haggling today...